Margao Govt. I.T.I. Achievements for 2015-16
1. Margao Govt. ITI was awarded as One of the 13 Best I.T.I.’s in India and The Principal Mr. Edwin Fernandes, was declared as The Best Principal by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, New Delhi.
2. The Wedding Gown, Designed and Stitched by the trainees of Sewing Technology of Margao Govt. ITI, was adjudged the best in Goa and sent to Delhi for exhibition at Pragati Maidan. The same was awarded as one of the best exhibits at Delhi.
3. The Project“Solar Photo Voltaic”done by Mech. Electronics Sr. trainees bagged the First Prize and “Line Follower Robot” prepared by Mech. Electronics Jr. trainees was awarded the Second Prize at the Skill India – State Level Exhibition organized by the Directorate of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Panaji-Goa.
4. The passing percentage of trainees of Margao Govt. ITI is 95.6%.
5. More than 90% of our trainees have been placed in reputed organizations like Albea, Procter & Gamble, Putzmeister, Goa Shipyard Ltd., Titan, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages, etc. who conducted Campus interviews at Margao Govt. ITI and the remaining have pursued higher studies.
6. Margao Govt. ITI organized with distinction, the Convocation Ceremony for all South Goa trainees with the Margao Govt. ITI Brand Ambassadors giving away the certificates.
7. An Entrepreneurship programme for ITI trainees was conducted by I-Create, India.
8. The boy/girl trainees of Margao Govt. ITI won many prizes at the inter ITI sports competition.
9. Margao Govt. ITI also organizes a Blood donation Camp every year in association with the Blood Bank Team of Hospicio Hospital, Margao.
10. Trainees of Margao Govt. ITI also participate in various exhibition/ competitions organized by various associations like El Shadai, UDANT, Goa Aids Control Society, etc.
11. Directorate of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship in association with Goa Shipyard Limited organized Apprenticeship BhartiMela at Ravindra Bhavan, Margao, where the Principal of Margao Govt. ITI was felicitated.